REGULATION SKY 30KM 2023
SATURDAY 01 JULY 2023
A.S.D. DOPPIAW Via Porta Milanese, 52 23037 Tirano (SO)
2. 30KM SKY TRAIL
The "DoubleW SKY 30 KM" foot race is a Sky Race that winds along the alpine paths of Valtellina (I) and on the crest that separates Italy and Switzerland. Departure from Lovero (SO) and arrival in Villa di Tirano (SO) on 1 July 2023. Course in natural environment of about 30 km with a positive difference in altitude of about 2500 m. The race is intended for semi-self-sufficiency and is regulated by time gates and time limits.
3. 30KM SKY PARTICIPATION
The participating athlete must be fully aware of the environmental context in which the competition takes place and of the technical difficulties of the race course. It is necessary to have appropriate mountain experience, to be well trained, to use appropriate equipment and clothing and to have recently participated in similar races.
The event is affiliated to the sports promotion body Csen (for ITA territory).
The organisation has the right to refuse the registration of competitors deemed unsuitable.
4. UTMB QUALIFYING RACE AND ITRA SCORE
DoppiaW ULTRA is officially ITRA MEMBER and UTMB WORLD SERIES QUALIFIER.
The DoppiaW Ultra 70km awards 2 ITRA points and is a qualifying race for the OCC 50km of UTMB.
|Distance||ITRA Score||Mountain points|
|SKY 30km||2 points||10|
Semi-self-sufficiency is defined as the ability to be self-sufficient between two refreshment points, referring to safety, food and equipment, thus allowing adaptation to foreseeable or unforeseeable problems encountered.
6. Sky 30KM REGISTRATION
Athletes aged 18 years and over may register.
FOR THE ITALIAN TERRITORY
- The athlete must be in good standing with Csen, Fisky, FIDAL, Fidal Runcard, Fidal Mountain & Trail Runcard membership for the year 2023.
- Or they must be in good standing with their foreign athletics federation for the year 2023. Declaration athlete licensed for a foreign federation
- If you do not have a membership card, you can subscribe to the Csen membership card at an additional cost of 10 euros. CERTIFICATE OF FITNESS FOR COMPETITIVE ATHLETICS
- All competitors resident in Italy (even if foreign) must be in possession of a certificate of fitness for competitive athletics valid on the day of the competition in accordance with current Italian legislation. The certificate must have been issued in Italy.
- All competitors NOT resident in Italy but of Italian nationality must be in possession of a certificate of fitness for athletics valid on the day of the competition in accordance with current Italian regulations. The certificate must have been issued in Italy.
- All competitors NOT resident in Italy and not of Italian nationality must be in possession of a certificate of fitness for athletics valid on the day of the competition or self-certify its possession, in accordance with current Italian regulations. Have a doctor in your country fill in and sign the form you can download here: Certificate of eligibility for participating in a competitive athletics event
FOR THE TERRITORY OF SWITZERLAND
- Every athlete is strongly advised to have individual accident insurance to cover any costs of rescue and hospital services for Switzerland. Swiss rescue services are run by private companies such as REGA etc. and the costs of intervention are borne entirely by the athlete if his own insurance does not cover the services provided.
7. LIABILITY WAIVER
The copy of a valid medical certificate of fitness for athletics or self-certification of a medical certificate of fitness for athletics in accordance with current Italian legislation, if not handed in at the time of registration, must be handed in at the time of bib collection together with the signed LIABILITY RELEASE DECLARATION which can be downloaded here: DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY (for everyone)
8. ENTRY FEES IN EURO
|Available bibs No.||CHRISTMAS RATE
from 01/12/2022 at 12:00
to 31/12/2022 at 23:59
From 01/01/2023 at 00:00
to 30/04/2023 at 23:59
From 01/05/2023 at 00:00
On 25/06/2023 at 23:59
|SKY 30KM||250||25 €||35 €||45 €|
Groups and clubs of 10 or more are entitled to discounts on registration. For further information please write to email@example.com.
The entry fee includes:
1. Race bib
2. GPS transponder on loan (to be returned at the end of the race)
3. Race package with typical local products
4. Technical gadgets
5. Refreshments along the route
6. Shower service, massages
7. Post-race meal
8. Transport provided by the organisation
9. ENROLMENT PROCEDURE
Registration takes place online via the registration link
by SUNDAY 25 JUNE 2023 23:59 hrs. Registration opening 01/12/2022 12:00.
Payment can be made by credit card, paypal, satispay, sofort, bank transfer. Entries without payment will not be accepted.
Beneficiary : OTC srl
Iban : IT06J055848927100003535
Bic/Swift : BPMIITMMXXX
Causale : DOPPIAW ULTRA TRAIL 70KM First and last name of the athlete.
In the case of bank transfer, it is necessary to send the registration form with a copy of the payment + release and eventual sports medical certificate to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The entry fee includes all the services described in these regulations + VAT but not the processing fees. (Credit card commission etc. to be paid by the participant).
For information on registration write to: email@example.com
It will be carried out by Evodata (Official Timer MySDAM) with technology based on the use of "disposable chip" applied to the bib.
Note: Failure to use or incorrect use of the chip will result in non-inclusion in the ranking and no allocation of the time taken.
11. RENUNCIATION AND CANCELLATION
Request for cancellation by 15 April 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org entitles you to a refund of 50 % of the fee.
No reimbursement will be made after this date, except in the case of injury or illness, on presentation of a medical certificate.
The bib number can be transferred up to 5 June 2023, by request to email@example.com and a €10 administration fee.
There is no deferral of the registration fee to the following year.
Race packs will not be sent out and can only be collected at the scheduled time by showing proof of identity.
In the event of interruption or cancellation of the race for reasons of force majeure, weather and/or unforeseeable circumstances, or for any other reason dependent or independent of the organisation, no reimbursement will be due to participants.
12. BIB COLLECTION
Each competitor must present the following at the bib collection:
a photo identity document
If not already sent at the time of registration:
Copy of medical certificate
Membership (as required under point 6) or sign up for a Csen membership card on site.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY (or provided by the race office)
It is compulsory to show the officials all the material required for the control before collecting the bib.
Each competitor will be given two numbered bibs to wear:
The main one in the ventral area or on the right thigh in a visible and readable manner.
The secondary (small) breastplate should be worn on the back or on the rucksack.
The bibs cannot be changed and must be worn for the duration of the race.
The race number is the pass required for access to:
- Refuelling areas
- Transport to Villa di Tirano in case of abandonment of the race. Collection of personal bag in the finish area in Villa di Tirano (I).
- Collection of race package and technical gadgets in the finish area in Villa di Tirano (I).
- Showers and massages
- Post race meal
- Transport provided by the organisation
14. TRACK GPS
Each participant in the SKY 30KM will receive before the start in Lovero a GPS which must be worn or carried in the rucksack. The GPS must be kept on for the duration of the race (under penalty of disqualification).
At the end of the race the GPS must be returned to the control staff in the finish area.
If the GPS is not returned, the competitor will be charged a penalty of 150 euros.
15. RACE PACKS AND TECHNICAL GADGETS
Race packs and technical gadgets will not be sent out and can only be collected at the scheduled time.
16. TRANSPORT OF BAGS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS
Each SKY 30KM competitor will receive a band with the bib number which must be attached to the personal bag that will be transported by the organization to the finish area of the race in Villa di Tirano.
The bag must be deposited at the start in Lovero in the collection area marked "Villa di Tirano" by 08:30 on Saturday 1 JULY .
Unmarked bags or sacks with items attached externally will not be transported or accepted. It is recommended not to put fragile or valuable objects in the bag.
The organisation is not responsible for any theft, loss or damage to the bags or their contents.
Bags and sacks may only be collected on presentation of the race number and will not be delivered to the competitor's home in any way if they are not collected in the manner listed.
17. MANDATORY MATERIAL
The runner must wear a minimum of suitable clothing including at least a technical T-shirt, trousers or ¾ tights or shorts with long socks and reflecting the prevailing weather conditions at the time of the race.
Clearly visible race bibs throughout the race.
Trail-running shoe (category A5).
In addition, each runner must have the following equipment with them, worn or placed in their rucksack, for the duration of the race:
- Identity card / European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- Mobile phone with charged battery (Enter the organisation's emergency numbers, keep it switched on at all times, do not mask the number, the phone must also always be switched on in Swiss territory for any communications between the organisation and the competitor).
- GPS track provided by the organisation to be returned at the end of the race.
- Backpack with sufficient capacity to hold all the material.
- Camelbag or bottle cage with a minimum capacity of 1.0 l.
- Personal glass or other container of about 15 cl, suitable for drinking at the refreshment posts.
- Sufficient water and food reserve to be independent between two refreshments.
- Rainproof shell jacket with breathable waterproof membrane and heat-taped seams.
- Micro fleece or equivalent with long sleeves.
- Appropriate socks.
- Hat, cap or bandana.
- Survival blanket, min. 1.40 m x 2.0 m.
- Adhesive elastic bandage suitable for bandaging or strapping, min. 100 cm x 6 cm.
- 20 Euro for contingencies.
- Spare clothing.
- Waterproof trousers
- The use of poles is permitted.
18. MATERIAL CONTROL
- Material control at bib distribution for all competitors.
- Random material control before the start and at the end of the race in the finish area.
- Spot checks along the route of all obligatory material.
19. BEHAVIOUR OF THE RUNNER
- The participant must follow the regularly marked route and pass all checkpoints.
- Competitors may not leave the race course on their own initiative. They may also be forced to leave by the race director or one of the medical staff present.
- Leaving the race (on their own initiative or forced) must take place at a control post, except for extreme reasons, by notifying the race controllers. The athlete is requested to follow the instructions of the control personnel for returning to the start or finish area.
- In the event of an accident, the athletes are obliged to render assistance to their colleagues in distress, respectively to alert the control post closest to the scene of the accident. The jury will take into account the time spent for this assistance.
- The race director or race officials may oblige competitors, at any point on the course, to wear their windbreakers, headgear, or any other obligatory clothing or material.
- Athletes are asked to behave in an environmentally friendly manner and to throw their rubbish in the containers at the refreshment posts (+/- 100 m). Competitors who are reported for misconduct and uncaring environmental behaviour will be disqualified.
20. PENALTIES AND DISQUALIFICATIONS
THREE-MINUTE PENALTY TO DISQUALIFICATION
- Abandonment of personal equipment along the route.
- Cutting or abandoning the route marked out by the organisers.
- Missing or inadequate equipment and not using it if requested.
- Visible or manipulated breastplate
- Refusal to comply with an order from the race direction, a race commissioner, a doctor or a rescuer.
- Benefit from outside help outside the designated areas. (Refreshments +/- 100 m)
- Failure to pass a control point.
- Abandonment of rubbish by the athlete outside the refreshment areas (+/- 100 m).
- Unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Failure to provide assistance.
- False identity. Sharing and/or exchange of bib number.
- Refusal to undergo doping controls or positive doping control.
- Failure to participate in the prize-giving ceremony without just cause.
- Exceeding the maximum time limit. (Time barriers)
They must be made in writing, marked with the complainant's name and bib number, at the finish line or immediately after publication of the provisional results. A deposit of € 20 will be requested which will be refunded if the complaint is accepted. Complaints cannot be made more than one hour after the publication of the provisional results.
The jury consists of:
- Race director
- Route or safety director
- President of the Organising Committee
The route of the DoppiaW SKY 30KM can be seen on the routes page. The race route follows mule tracks and single tracks which are easy to follow, but also some short passages on the ridge, sometimes exposed but equipped with fixed ropes and assisted by the organisation's staff.
The presence of stretches of snow above 2000 m above sea level cannot be excluded.
- In the event of bad weather or impracticability of the paths, an emergency route is planned and will be presented at the pre-race briefing.
- Competitors must strictly adhere to the marked race route, avoiding taking shortcuts or cutting sections of the route. Any departure from the official route, as well as resulting in disqualification from the finishing order, will be at the sole risk of the competitor.
Length: 30,8 km
D+: 2570 m | D-: 2670 m
25. TIME LIMIT AND TIME BARRIERS
Departure: 09:00 on 01/07/2023
Arrival: 18:00 on 01/07/2023
Maximum time to finish the race: 9:00 hours
|Villa di Tirano||30||9||18:00|
In the event of bad weather conditions and/or for safety reasons, the Organisation reserves the right to suspend the current event or to change the time barriers.
- There will be 6 official refreshment points
- Only competitors have access to the refreshment posts (clearly visible bib number).
- It is forbidden to drink directly from the refreshment bottles. No glasses will be available.
- When leaving each refreshment post, each athlete must have the necessary amount of water and food to get to the next refreshment point.
27. RACE ASSISTANCE
- Race assistance by accompanying persons is only permitted at the 5 official refreshment posts. (approx. +/- 100 m) The accompanying persons must not obstruct the passage of the other athletes and the normal course of the race in any way.
- Accompanying during the race is forbidden. It is forbidden to receive outside help outside the designated areas (6 refreshment posts). Disqualification!
28. ROUTE MARKING AND DEMARCATION
- The refreshment area will be demarcated with tape and marked with a sign about 100 m before and about 100 m after the refreshment point.
- The route will be marked with directional arrows, flags and tape.
All marks will be removed immediately after the passage of the last competitor and in the hours immediately following the end of the race.
29. SAFETY / CONTROLS AND HEALTH
- At the most important points identified by the organisation, and in any case at the refreshment posts, an emergency call post is established.
- The rescue posts are intended to provide assistance to all persons in danger.
- The rescuers are authorised to evacuate runners judged to be in danger by all means at their disposal.
- In case of necessity, for reasons which are in the best interest of the rescued person, in the opinion of the organisation and having obtained the advice of the medical staff, the official rescue service will be called upon, which will take over the management of the operations and deploy all appropriate means, including the helicopter. Any costs arising from the use of these exceptional means shall be borne by the rescued person.
- Medical personnel and a doctor will be present in the arrival area.
The control points for the athletes' passages are at the official refuelling areas. The organisation reserves the right to carry out additional checks along the route.
Official rescue personnel are authorised to stop runners judged unfit to continue the race and withdraw their bib.
- A runner who appeals to a doctor or medical staff submits himself de facto to their authority and undertakes to respect their decisions.
- A runner who is obliged to stop for medical reasons and who does not comply with the decision taken by the medical staff is no longer under the responsibility of the organisation and loses all rights to the services it provides.
- The organiser requires the competitor to respect the rules of integrity and sporting ethics. The competitor abstains from all doping practices.
- The list of prohibited substances and methods (substances and methods prohibited in competitions) applies. http://www.wada-ama.org/en/) of WADA in force on the date of the competition. The Organiser reserves the right to carry out anti-doping checks.
- Participants declare themselves willing to submit to such checks if necessary.
30. RACE ABANDONMENT AND RETURNS
- In the event of abandonment of the race along the route, the competitor is obliged to go to the nearest control point and report his abandonment by registering. Anyone who abandons the race without notifying immediately, leading to the start of a search by rescue personnel, will have to bear all the resulting costs.
- The organisation will take care of the runner's return to Villa di Tirano from 1 control point.
- Km 9.2 Rifugio Schiazzera
- It is possible that, for logistic reasons, the withdrawn runners will have to wait a while before being brought back to the finish area.
31. CATEGORIES - RANKINGS - PRIZES
- Male absolute
- Female absolute
The rankings will be displayed in the finish area and can be downloaded from www.doppiaw.com.
An overall men's ranking and an overall women's ranking will be drawn up.
Cash prizes are only awarded during the official award ceremony.
The organizers guarantee the transport of the athletes from Villa di Tirano (finish location) to Lovero (start location) only and exclusively at the times indicated in the following table and only for the start of the race. It will be necessary to insert the preference during registration.
Transport at the end of the race from Villa di Tirano to Lovero will not be guaranteed.
Accident insurance, covering rescue and hospital costs, limited to the day of the race.
VILLA DI TIRANO (CENTRO POLIFUNZIONALE)
TIRANO (PIAZZA MARINOINI)
LOVERO (PARCO DELL’ADDA)
ASD DoppioW organizes the pasta party at the Villa di Tirano village on Friday evening at 6.00 pm. The pasta party is not included in the registration fee and the preference must be reported during registration.
34. OVERNIGHT STAY
It will be possible to stay for free (Thursday 29 June, Friday 30 June and Saturday 1 July) in the structure of the Multifunctional Center of Villa di Tirano. More info at bib collection. To be reserved during registration.
Each athlete must have everything necessary for sleeping (cot / mat / sleeping bag, etc.).
35. ACCIDENT INSURANCE
The participant must be privately insured against illness, accident and other damage. The insurance must also cover any emergency and hospital costs in Italy and Switzerland.
The Swiss rescue services are run by private companies such as REGA and the costs of the intervention are entirely borne by the athlete if their insurance does not cover the services provided.
The cost of assistance in the event of an accident is not borne by the organization.
In case of emergency, for reasons that are always in the interest of the rescued person, the official rescue will intervene, who will then take over the operational management and organize all appropriate means, including rescue by helicopter. The costs deriving from the use of these exceptional means will be borne by the rescued person, who will also have to bear the costs of his return from the rescue site. It is up to the participant to prepare a dossier within the set deadline and send it to his private insurer.
If the organization had to pay the rescue costs directly, these will be reimbursed to the organization by the participant or by his insurance company.
Contact your health / accident or mutual insurance to find out if your current coverage is sufficient or if you need accident insurance, which covers emergency and hospital costs, limited to the day of the race.
36. PRIVACY AND IMAGE RIGHTS
By registering, participants agree to the publication of their name, surname, year of birth, place of residence, nationality, bib number, team, race time and placing in the starting lists and rankings of the event. This consent is valid for publication on the internet, in print media, on TV or social channels, in speaker announcements and for posting start lists or rankings during the event.
By registering, competitors renounce all rights of image and speech granted to radio, television, publishing houses and advertising in general.
They also authorise the organisation to use, free of charge and without territorial or time limits, still and moving images of them during their participation in the Doppia W Ultra.
It will not be possible to select photographs or films to obscure the faces of people who do not wish to appear on them.
Participation in the race does not grant participants the right to use the race and/or its name for advertising or commercial purposes or to transfer these rights to third parties. Any communication outside the private circle relating to the event or using the images of the event is not permitted without the express written permission of the organisers, who will lay down the conditions.
The athlete, aware of the responsibility for false declarations, acknowledges and confirms that he/she has directly examined the race route and that he/she has, to the full extent of his/her powers, considered it fully suitable for his/her technical level; well aware that the aforementioned route has sections with fixed ropes and exposed passages, even if assisted by the staff of the organisation.
to be in possession of a skyrunning curriculum suitable for the competition he/she is enrolling in, having also taken part in similar events in the recent past and in any case boasting mountain experience suitable for tackling the aforementioned route.
- to have been duly informed by the organisers of the potential danger of the event taking place in a mountain environment with the consequent ineliminable objective dangers for all competitors and to intend, in view of this awareness, to assume the risk equally.
- to expressly exonerate the organisers and all persons or institutions involved in the organisation, including, but not limited to, the organisation's committees and collaborators, authorised representatives, contractors, assistants, including volunteers to the fullest extent permitted by law, from all liability for minor negligence in respect of any accident suffered by the athlete himself and from all liability, both civil and criminal, for damage to persons and/or property caused by him. In particular, any liability for luggage carried by the organisation is excluded. The organisation also rejects any liability towards spectators or third parties for damage of any kind.
38. PRIORITY REGULATION
These regulations have absolute validity over any other erroneous, incomplete or different information that may be found on sites or social media linked in any way to this event. The version in the Italian language is definitive.
ORGANISING COMMITTEE DOPPIAW ULTRA 2023